quinta-feira, novembro 12, 2009

And you leave on your own


Now then Mardy Bum
I see your frown
And it's like looking down the barrel of a gun
And it goes off
And out come all these words
Oh there's a very pleasant side to you
A side I much prefer

It's one that laughs and jokes around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on

Well now then Mardy Bum
Oh I'm in trouble again, aren't I?
I thought as much
Cause you turned over there
Pulling that silent disappointment face
The one that I can't bear

Can't we laugh and joke around
Remember cuddles in the kitchen
Yeah, to get things off the ground
And it was up, up and away
Oh, but it's right hard to remember
That on a day like today when you're all argumentative
And you've got the face on

That reoccurs, oh when you say I don't care
Well of course I do, yeah I clearly do!

Let's go down, down, low down
Where I know I should not go
Oh and she thinks she's the one
But she's just one in 24
And just 'cause everybody's doin' it
Does that mean that I can, too?

I've been goin' crazy while you sleep
Thinkin' of a language that the two of us can speak
So Mr. Prehistoric make your wheel
and I'll be underwater 'cause i like the way it feels

I'd rather dance with you
than talk with you,
so why don't we just move into the other room.
There's space for us to shake,
and 'hey, I like this tune'.

Love is no big truth,
driven by our genes,
we are simple selfish beings.
A symphony that's you,
joyously awaking the ignorant and sleeping.

Many people play this game
so willingly,
do I have to be like them,
or be lonely?

Out in the dark, walking in the rain
on a lonely street, you were looking for the fire
escaping the noise, can you ever escape
you can hear your thoughts, they're calling you a liar

out in the dark, walking in the rain
you can hear your thoughts, they're calling you a coward

a brave new world, it's all around
you're walking too fast to be able to see it
your wings are too small to get off the ground
truth is too close for you to believe it


Um comentário:

Jonatas disse...

Sou fã do arctic monkeys, mas sinceramente odiei o cd novo.