domingo, março 14, 2010

Oh but never mind...

And now I guess it's hard to see
What has gotten into me
Oh but never mind
I'm barely hanging on

"Rather than love, than money, than faith, than fame, than fairness... give me truth."

Jesse: I’m designed to feel slightly dissatisfied!

Jesse: What do you think were the chances of us ever meeting again?
Celine: After that December, I’d say almost zero. But we’re not real anyway, right? We’re just, uh, characters in that old lady’s dream. She’s on her deathbed, fantasizing about her youth. So of course we had to meet again.
Jesse: Oh, God, why didn’t we exchange phone numbers and stuff? Why didn’t we do that?
Celine: Because we were young and stupid.
Jesse: Do you think we still are?
Celine: I guess when you’re young, you just believe there’ll be many people with whom you’ll connect with. Later in life, you realize it only happens a few times.
Jesse: And you can screw it up, you know, misconnect.

Celine: The concept is absurd. The idea that we can only be complete with another person is evil! Right?
Celine: You can never replace anyone because everyone is made up of such beautiful specific details.
Celine: There are so many things I want to do, but I end up doing not much.

Jesse: In the months leading up to my wedding, I was thinking about you all the time. I mean, even on my way there; I’m in the car, a buddy of mine is driving me downtown and I’m staring out the window, and I think I see you, not far from the church, right? Folding up an umbrella and walking into a deli on the corner of 13th and Broadway. And I thought I was going crazy, but now I think it probably was you.
Celine: I lived on 11th and Broadway.

Celine: Baby, you are gonna miss that plane.
Jesse: I know.